The Creation of a Monster...

September 3, 2014

So I like to read...a lot, and before I moved in with my boyfriend I literally lived up the street from a library. A library I've been going to at least once a week, since I was little girl. I still have really old librarians ask my parents about me, when they visit the library. Since moving in with my boyfriend, I have yet to find one in the new area, I can only come to the conclusion, that people in this area don't like the written word. So, in a way to make Alex less guilty about stealing me away to this "amish" country, the other night he showed me that I could download e books, onto my ipad mini, and I could take them wherever, I was so excited that I had something new to read on our mini-vacation camping trip for labor day.
 Unfortunately, the place we picked out, turned out to be a huge bust, it was at the very end of the trail, the bugs outthere were bigger than my size 2 gauged ears, and honestly it was terrifying. It definitely would have been the first time in my life that I had gone "primitive" camping. No electricity, no running water, ya know, real camping. I was so excited to experience something new, and spend time that I normally don't get with my boyfriend canoodling in the woods, well at the time of planning that was a total plus.
  Amazon has a HUGE selection of free ebooks available in all types of categories, everything from the Classics to Erotica! So I got a little book happy and downloaded about 40 new novels. I just got done reading Macaron Murder by Harper Lin. As far as murder mysteries go it was pretty tame. Lady gets whacked over the head in her apartment and hi-jinks and amatuer sleuth solving follows. It even came with macaron recipes, as an avid baker, I honestly can't wait to begin making them!! One thing I can't stand in a mystery I'm reading is being Nancy Drew-ed.
  If you aren't aware, Nancy Drew is an amatuer female detective, who had her own book series. Each novel held a different mystery, a different adventure for 10 to 16 year old girls that were tired of little house on the Prarie. Every novel that "Carolyn Keene" penned was 24 to 28 chapters, with a fatal flaw occuring in every one. Right when Nancy Drew was closing in on her man, just when she was about to solve the crime, she get's kidnapped. Every.Single.Time. I can't stand a detective, amatuer or professional without a sense of their surroundings. When they don't have them, the only one that suffers is the reader, we suffer what is called being Nancy Drew-ed, and if you've ever had the experience, you'd know the horrible horrible feeling it brings to the pit of your stomach. Thankfully, it hasn't happened enough to ruin reading for me. I don't know what in the world would have to happen to make me put away reading. I just couldn't imagine life without it!!! Now I've started the Kingdom series, by Marie Hall, and started watching Once upon a time, and honestly it's just filling my head with old fairy tales and re-tellings of some of my favorite characters of all time. Netflix is literally my arch enemy, eating up all of my free time, allowing me to knit as the only multi-tasking I can truly accomplish.
Until next time,
Stay Nerdy;
~Spokhette!~

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.