Gamer Famelle: Kitty of Undecided Answer

December 8, 2014

Gamer Famelle is back in action, and I am so excited! Today our interviewee is the writer of Undecided Answer. We talk Kitty's ideals about tattoos, LGBTQA awareness in Video Games, and much much more. You can find Kitty at Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and More, make sure you check her out after the interview!


 Name your top five favorite games

Final Fantasy XIII
Skyrim
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Bayonetta
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence

 Is there any game-related memorabilia you cherish? If so, why?

Yes! My Oerba Yun Fang PlayArts figurine. I cherish her not just because my girlfriend got her for me for Christmas but also because she was ridiculously hard for me to obtain due to her price tag. When I opened my Christmas box and saw her in there I made the most inhuman noise and was like, "WHY DID YOU SPEND SO MUCH MONEY ON HERRRR?" "Because I knew had badly you wanted her and that I didn't want Vanille to be alone anymore."

 If you were going to get a gaming tattoo, what would you get, and what is it's significance to you?

I'd get Vanille's l'Cie brand because she's my favorite character and I see a lot of myself in her. I have a running joke that I will put in my will to complete the tattoo with the last stage of the brand when I die. 

 Do you enjoy games, even when there aren't any playable female characters?

Absolutely, Castlevania series has been one of them. [Although I think there's one or two where you kinda control a female character...]

  If you had to live in a game's environment, which would you choose?

Gran Pulse in Final Fantasy XIII. CAN WE SAY FRIGGIN GORGE, PEOPLE?

 Playstation or Xbox and Why?

At the time when Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 were the console war contenders, I went with Xbox because none of my friends had PS3s at the time. Now everybody has PS4s and I'm strictly a PC gamer.


How do you feel Video Games handle LGBTQ ? Do they do well? Not so well? What would you like to see different? Are there any games that do a great job, and you'd like to praise?

I still feel like there's a lot of room for improvement. The Sims was great for LGBT+ awareness when I was younger and still trying to feel things out. It basically laughed in the face of heteronormality. I'd like the series to further expand and touch on trans individuals. I thought the nod to a queer couple in Sims 4's promos was pretty awesome! I'd also like to give a nod to Fable III for allowing queer relationships and also for making it DIFFICULT....because in reality, it really is. Finally, Skyrim...not only did you allow queer relationships you even went as far as allowing interspecies relationships. My pretty Khaajit thief? She married Lydia...who unfortunately died a while back [because I was dumb and not keeping an eye on her..] and now just pesters the hell out of Brynjolf.


LGBT+ in games can go only uphill from here, of course. It's a slow but steady race.


Until We meet again!
~Gabriella!~

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.