What I've been reading lately...

January 26, 2015

Hi Gang!
 I finally found the Public Library in my little city. I am still getting used to the new place and my surroundings. I was so surprised by how large it was, especially since it was just a branch. It has three stories! I wasn't able to get a full and complete look at the entire library, but I was able to check out their graphic novel area. Yes, area not section. They had an entire room filled with floor to ceiling bookshelves filled to the brim with comic books, graphic novels and copious copious amounts of manga. A huge window that took up half a wall, letting in an amazing natural light by which to read all the amazingness! It was AWESOME! If there was more parking, I could definitely see myself being there more often. 
 I wished I had actually planned to go to the library, instead of passing it by accidentally, I would have brought a basket, or a bag. I would have been able to bring more books home. Unfortunately, eleven was all I could carry back to the car safely. So I picked up Bunny Drop 1-7, which is a manga about an illegitimate daughter of a grandfather, whose children and grandchildren are all adults, and when the grandfather passes away, and the daughter Rin doesn't have a caretaker. Unfortunately, the family is a total pack of bums, and don't want to take her in, so basically her Nephew, adopts her, and it follows their misadventures.
 I have finished My friend Dahmer, which was creepy, and sad. I am all about studying and learning about serial killers, but his childhood, was so dreadful, I almost..Almost felt sorry for him. I wasn't a big fan of the art, but it was clean enough for me to be able to finish and understand the story. I wanted to read You have killed me, but someone decided that they liked the art so much, that they removed some of the pages, making it impossible to read, which annoys me, because I really liked the art, it was one of the reasons why I picked it up in the first place. 
 I also picked up The Complete Maus, because I had heard really amazing things about it! I haven't gotten around to reading it yet, but I have a feeling I am really going to enjoy it. I was also able to pick up the first graphic novel of Gail Simone's Batgirl. Issues 1-6 Which is great, because I only have one through 3, so it will be easy for me to catch up from here. 
  
Until Next Time,
~Gabriella!~

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.