Convention Wrap Up: C2E2

April 29, 2015

Hi Gang!
 Last weekend, my family and I went to Chicago, Illinois! We were supposed to go to Tennessee, but we decided on a different place. This awesome and very last minute turn of events led me to be able to go to my VERY FIRST C2E2! And Now I'm gonna tell you all about it!
  Google Maps, should not be trusted when there is construction about! They are terrible, The trip was only supposed to be 4 and a half hours, it was more like 6 and a half! We circled the same street three times, and we were only 2 minutes from the convention center, and it was raining, AND People drive in Chicago like it's New York or something, not stopping at stop
signs, turning even though there's no space for them. a 44 minute trip took almost 2 hours!!
 However, when we actually made it to the convention, it was GLORIOUS! Alex and I breezed through registration to grab our Saturday Only passes, and we were off! I thought I had been to some big conventions, but C2E2 was on a whole nother playing field!! It was actually really overwhelming, so many people, so many things to see! The only thing that kept me sane, was remembering that I was on a mission. With all of the traffic delays, we didn't get into the convention until about 2 ish, and it closed at 7! I wanted to make sure that I did everything that I wanted, before my time was up.
 Ipacked: Batgirl #1, Birds of Prey #1, Harley Quinn #1, Gotham Academy #1 and Superman Unchained #1 to get signed by their respective artists: Gail Simone, Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti, Brenden Fletcher and Scott Snyder. That was the mission. I think I did a pretty decent job. I got everything signed except Superman, because Snyder's line was so long, it didn't have any form! I had Babs Tarr sign my guidebook, I got three of her stickers, and I got a photo with her! I found a C2E2 exclusive of Batgirl #40, but of course she was gone by then. Gail Simone was at a panel, so Alex and I were first in Line, and I was able to get a picture with her, and I bought three amazing Prints by Amanda Conner, my favorite is Iron Man getting his ass handed to him by She-Hulk. I got all three of the prints signed, and I can't wait to put them up on my inspirational wall of awesome!
  Alex got a Black Adam T-shirt, and I found Ashley Woods in Artist Alley! I bought a Lilith print, had it signed and got a pictures with her, and then we were photographed by The FINAL Call. I'm gonna be in PRINT! It was so inspiring to see an african-american artist there, it just reaffirmed my belief that with enough effort the limit to which you can achieve does not exist! If you don't know who she is, Please click on her name, learn something new today! I had so much fun, C2E2 is definitely going to be added to my "must do again" list! The next convention I am gearing up for is NYCC, I really REALLY wanna go to that one. It's not until October, so I still have plenty of time to save up, I even joined the newletter so I know when tickets go on sale and such. I haven't gotten anything yet, so I'm buckling down, and trying no to spend lots of money. Since there is so much time left, I think I wanna do a cosplay for NYCC, I haven't decided what yet, but seeing everyone dressed up at C2E2, really made me itch to put together a costume, I think I wanna do Storm, the outfit will be easily recognizable and airy enough, to not have me die of Heat stroke in the building, surrounded by all the people,

What are some of your favorite Conventions? I wanna try and explore the Country more, so don't be afraid to send me far out, the conversation continues on twitter, like always!

Same Bat Time. Same Bat Channel,

 ~Gabriella!~

Twitter // Instagram // The Noire Menagerie


















Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.