Gamer Famelle: Mia of XOMIA!

June 8, 2015

Hi Gang!
 Oh my gosh you guys! I am so excited to introduce Mia for our Gamer Famelle Interview today. I have been such a huge fan of hers ( I devour her blog) and I honestly can't believe she said yes! I'm movin up ya'll. If you don't know, She's a blogger and Cosplayer from Texas and run Superheroesque. Read on, to find dropped knowledge.




Sony or Nintendo for your mobile gaming?
 Nintendo all the way! I'm not big into action or fps games, and Nintendo has a lot of family-friendly I.P.'s that I really enjoy.

What do you like to see in your games? What about them makes that game your favorite?
 I like games that relax me, rather than stress me out. For some reason, I find most games really stressful! I don't like anything that is super time sesitive or reactionary because of that. I'd rather play a game like Animal Crossing or Mario Party -- Fun, Colorful and Chill!

Do you have a gaming role model? If so, who and why?
 One of my favorite inspirations in general is Felicia Day, because all her successes have come from going against the grain. Her show, The Guild, focuses on things from her real life, like being socially awkward and playing MMOs to escape reality. She's lso an incredible businesswomand and has managed to make herself into a brand that people relate to -- a huge inspiration to me, for sure!

Name your top five games.
 This is tough, but I love Animal Crossing: New Leaf, The Sims, Portal, Left4Dead 2 and Pokemon.

If you had to live in a game's environment, which would you choose?
 Can I just answer Animal Crossing for all these questions? Haha. But really, I love Animal Crossing. I'd love it if the background music was really present in my everyday life!

Are you a fan of Pokemon? If so, what are a couple of your favorites?
 Absolutely! Some of my faves are Flaafy (do androids dream of electric sheep?) Drifloon and Sylveon.

Do you get a lot of flack for being a female gamer? Have you ever had an harrassment issues online, blogging, vlogging, gaming or otherwise?
 I don't usually identify myself as a gamer online -- I'm more of a geek of all trades rather than any single geek hobby. I think that's helped me avoid a lot of flack for being a lady gamer. I will say that I've had a few negative comments to me cosplaying from a video game. 

If someone was new to gaming, and you wanted to get them hooked, which game would you recommend?
 I think it depends on what they like in media. Are they about character development, story, action? Are they looking for excitement or relaxation? If they just want an addictive game to play during downtime, I'd say Animal Crossing: New Leaf. If they are story-driven, I'd suggest any of the Telltale games, especially if they are already into the property (i.e. Game of Thrones fans should try the Telltale Game of Thrones game!)

What would you tell parents, who don't let their children play video games?
 I think people who are against children playing video games don't see games as just another form of media. Research has shown that gaming helps with motor skills and making quick dcisions. I think it can be really valuable! If the concern is the content of the games, then make sure that the games your child is playing are education in some way. This doesn't mean they have to play a game about grammar, but almost every non-fps game has some kind of puzzle element.
If you were going to get a gaming tattoo, what would you get and what's the significance for you?
 I think if I got a gaming-related tattoo, it'd probably be from Animal Crossing, since that's been my favorite game for years. To me, Animal Crossing represents the kind of fantasy life I'd love to have -- all the neighbors know each other, and the goals are things that are attainable in real life, like building and decorating a house you love, helping others and building friendships. I'd probably get one of the symbols from the game. 

When you aren't gaming, what are some of your other time-passing hobbies?
 I love all kinds of geeky media -- right now I'm really into TV shows (Game of Thrones and American Horror Story are my current faves) and comic books (Bitch Planet and Rat Queens). I also love creating stuff online -- I blog, recently started podcasting and I'm about to start working on my Youtube channel more!

Do you enjoy games, even when there aren't any playable female characters?
 I have before, but I think it's become a bigger thing for me now. One of my favorite games was Team Fortress 2 and there are only male characters and while I didn't enjoy that, it didn't bother me. Now, I think it's a bigger factor in whether or not I even play a game. There are few and fewer excuses for not including female characters, even if they aren't playable,


 Make sure you visit Mia and show her some love on her twitter and Instagram !

 Same Bat Time. Same Bat Channel,

 ~Gabriella!~

   Twitter // Instagram // The Noire Menagerie

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.