Gamer Famelle: Evon of Evon-Von!

September 7, 2015

Hey Gang!

 New Week, New Female Gamer to get to know! I know I was kinda lazy last week, but don't worry, I have plenty planned for you this week! I got a chance to interview Evon from Evon Von over the weekend and I can't wait for you guys to get to know her!

Playstation or Xbox and Why?

 Xbox all day. I played the very first Playstation way back in the day but I don't really remember much from it. On Xbox, I remember having a log of fun playing it (hell, I still remember playing the first Halo game.)

Name your 5 favorite Games.

 Diablo 3, Injustice, Fallout 3, Street Fighter 4 and Super Smash Bros.

If you could be any character who would you choose and why?

 Wonder Woman. I'd love to be a badass Amazon for one day.

Are you a fan of Pokemon? If so, what are a couple of your favorites?

 I am most def a fan! My favorites are Oshawatt and JigglyPuff. Oshawatt is just funny and Jigglypuff is cute, but an asshole. I wish someone could sing me to sleep because I have really bad insominia!

What is one thing you like and don't like about being a female gamer?

 I both like and dislike that I am constantly underestimated by male gamers. I love it because they don't expect me to be able to hold my own. Then I'm able to kick ass and take names on the low and surprise the hell out of them. But I hate it because the guys I play with don't think I know what I'm doing and talk a lot of shit beforehand, which is so annoying.

What would you tell parents, who don't let their children play games? Do you have any reasons why they should?

As a parent myself, I see no proublem with kids playing video games (my kiddo is 7). Granted the amount of time he is able to play is limited and WHAT he can play is also limited. But games like Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare, Minecraft, and the lego games are not only fun, but they aren't graphic, bloody, or inappropriate. They are entertaining and some of them include problem solving which is always good for kids to learn. I also play games with my son, and he loves the shared experience with me.

If you were going to get a gaming tattoo, what would you get, and what is it's significance to you?

 Harley Quinn from injustice, She is hands down one of my favorite female characters. I've wanted to get a tattoo of her for a long time. I could go on a while about how interesting and complex her story is and how her complete devotion to the Joker is both mental, but relatable.

When you aren't gaming, what are some of your other time-passing hobbies?

 I am a cosplayer, so I am always working on costumes. I am also part of Hell on Wheels Roller Derby.

Do you enjoy games, even when there aren't any playable female characters?

 I do. The only time I even think about the gender of the characters is if there is an option. But if there are female characters, I usually choose them.

What are some up and coming games that you are looking foward to? 

 Fallout 4, Deadpool and Halo 5: Guardians


 Make sure you guys follow her on Twitter and visit her shop! I promise you won't be disappointed, I absolutely love her blog and cosplays, I can't want to see what she has up her sleeve next.


Nerdette At Large


 Stay Nerdy,

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.