Series #19: Stitchers Season One Review

March 4, 2016

Hey Gang!

 After I finished Jessica Jones, I needed to sink my teeth into another show and boy Stitchers did NOT disappoint. I'm so glad that Freeform ( The new name for Abc Family) renewed it for a second season, because I absolutely can't wait for it. I had hear about the show briefly before it came out and in the back of my head I always thought it was pretty interesting.



  Once I realized I could watch it on Hulu along with my precious Pretty Little Liars, I realized I didn't have to wait any longer. So I plopped down to watch episode one, and the rest, as they say, was history, I got so enthralled in the show that I was almost late for work! So the story goes, that the main character Kirsten suffers from Temperal Displasia. I am uncertain whether this is a real disease, but it causes her to have no sense of tie LITERALLY. She can't decipher the difference between 5 minutes and 5 hours! So she uses Logic and Math to figure out how long she has been somewhere.


 This Sci-fi T.V. Show is crazy decent you guys! I am addicted. I finished the first season Saturday and I was just sitting on my bed, like what? What season only has 11 episodes?! Why is that a thing? At Least I don't have to wait too long for the next season, its supposed to air in March. I'm just not used to binge watching a show, it's going to be a pain to wait once a week like regular people do. Its such a hassle. Here's a few reasons why it's my new favorite show and why I think you'll like it as well.



 Reason One: Camille - Camille, Kirsten's roommate played by Alison Scagliotti ( Claudia from Warehouse 13) and she is just one of those actresses that play those super great bad ass female roles. Camille is no exception, while the Stitchers program is a sub department of the NSA, and there fore should have a serious amount of protection and firepower at their disposal, it is generally the quick wittedness of the main crew; Cameron, Linus, Kirsten and Camille that save themselves and others from any violence that may befall them.



 Not only is she wicked smart and capable in a fight, she is shown with sass, sharp wit, sarcasm and a healthy dose of emotion. There are times when you see her cry and times when you see her rise to her challenge. Plus her love of Halloween knows no bounds just like me! Camille is a rare find in a "teen" show about science. Very rarely are the women capable in shows like this. but in Stitchers they pretty much run the show.




 Reason Two: The actual science behind it. Stitchers sew in a living conscience to a dead sample in order to go through the sample's memories in order to gather information about their death. Yeah you read that right, they hack dead people's brains to read their memories and use that info to solve the mystery. So knowing me at all, its NOT hard to see why I would love this series so dearly. I absolutely can't wait for Season two. Plus, Cameron, and Linus and all the paybacks to scifi television programs that came before them? Its epic and super flattering, just how television should be; respecting its elders. So far, I have caught: 66' Batman, Star Trek TOS, Lord of the Rings, Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy and X-files to name a few.



 I thoroughly enjoyed season one, even though I feel like it didn't really end, I'm ok with that, knowing that we're getting a second season. I'm hoping for much more info and back story about the other characters, mainly Camille, Maggie and Cameron. In the second to last episode they mention that Cameron and Kirsten have met before the stitchers program, I would love to know how they fit together.



Have you seen Stitchers yet? If not definitely go check it out! It can be found on Hulu. Lets talk about it on twitter!!

Until Next Time,
Stay Nerdy!

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.