Convention Roundup: C2E2

April 1, 2016

Hey Gang!

 I did it! I have survived another #c2e2! I went the previous year and wrote about it, and it has become my favorite convention. I had other plans to visit more conventions this year, but I knew I couldn't pass up C2E2. The guest list was just way too awesome. However, I did start a new job and other stuff, so I could only go for Saturday, I'm glad I didn't do longer, though, because Alex and I both wound up getting sick and it would have sucked to be "conventioning" all weekend without a voice.
 Also, something else I learned. Chicago/illinois has a time difference from Ohio. I thought I was late, and I was really just in time. They are an hour behind, I will definitely keep that in mind for next time. I think for 2017, since it will be my third year in a row, I think I will finally stay the entire weekend, start putting money aside now and start working on the costumes I want to wear. SMH, look at me, I'm already excited and plotting next years convention.
  As you can tell from last Monday's post, I had a schedule about what I wanted to do/accomplish this year for the convention but because of the sickness, I had to bow out early. I was unable to participate in any of the collaborations that I had scheduled for the weekend because of the sudden melt down of our immune systems, but I was at least able to visit one of the panels (Women of Marvel) and get ALL of my comics signed and photos taken with the awesome artists that were there.
  I ran into Jessica on the show floor. It was so much fun running into other bloggers and influencers that I communicate with online all the time in person. She is such a peach! She and a group of panelists put together the Diversity in Geek Media panel on Saturday. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend it, for I was ushering my sick boyfriend back to the hotel, but if any of my readers attended, please comment below. I'd love to hear how it went.
 I bought a beautiful wall scroll from an artist, I'd never heard of before, but now that I've met her and seen her art in person, I need so much more. *Mental Note: Stalk her on Social Media* I'm still kicking myself for not getting two wall scrolls AND I didn't get a picture with her, but at least I got her to sign it. I didn't buy a lot of things while I was at the convention, I'm sure my wallet thanks me, but unfortunately, that means I don't have a huge haul to show you guys now that I am home. In fact, I think the only things that I bought were that wall scroll and Poison Ivy #1 from Amy Chu's table so I could have her sign it and get a picture with her, she's so darling. I was so excited, I have two Poison Ivy comics signed by her, and that just made me smile.
 I missed Annie Wu and Stacey Lee first time around because they were on the way to their panel, so of course I hightailed it. I was sad because while I was making the mad dash for the panel, I came across a Moongirl cosplayer that freaking KILLED it, and I wasn't able to get her photo... I DID however run into a PROFESSOR LAYTON COSPLAYER who was female and we fangirled over her outfit and my tattoo, and got a picture together, we are super cute!
 I went to go get my Batgirl #3 annual signed by Ming Doyle, and she recognized me out of costume... I really felt like I died and went to heaven. She recognized me without costume AND different hair color. She's so awesome. I also visited Annie Wu, David Walker, Khary Rudolph, Stacey Lee, Marguarite Sauvage, Marguarite Bennet, and Gail Simone for the 2nd time.
 Although, I wish that I was able to stay a little bit longer and maybe get to some of those collaborations that I had planned, because I missed working with Nerdily AND Sugar Gamers, which would have been epic. Maybe I can try again next year. I would like to do more networking and more collaborations for this year.
 My new job will be over in two months, so I shouldn't have so much issues updating Nerdette At Large from then on. For right now, though, I'm stuck to a Monday and Friday Schedule. I am currently working on a couple of youtube videos for the next couple of weeks, I'm going back to the one video a week schedule.



 Thank you guys for being so patient with me, while I get this schedule thing under control. I'm always free to talk on Twitter though.

Until Next Time,
Stay Nerdy.
~Spokhette!~

2 comments

  1. It looks like you had a great time. I love C2E2 and already have my room booked for next year! It's never too early to plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new job! I've heard SO many people talk about how good C2E2 was and I'd love to attend. It looks like you had a great time, apart form getting sick.

    ReplyDelete

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.