Series #21: 6 Favorite Fictional Mothers

May 6, 2016

Hey Gang!

 With Mother's Day coming up on Sunday, I thought it would be a great time to talk about my favorite fictional mothers. As you well know, I watch a lot of television, a lot of movies and read a lot of books.These mediums are full of moms that deserve a shining light. Since I will be spending the actual day doting on the real mothers in my life. I thought I would use this post to highlight some of my favorite fictional ones.

 - Margaret (Adventure Time): Now I'm sure you're looking at me with a weird expression, because his mom is a dog. Yes, She is, however the title says fictional mothers, NOT human. Don't underestimate his mom, she was a complete badass. She weilds a crossbow, and helps her husband run a detective agency, while pregnant! Just watch the episode "Joshua and Margaret Investigations" if you don't believe me!


- Chi Chi (Dragonball z): I'm pretty biased, but She is definitely one of the best moms for giving us Gohan. *My 1st anime crush* However, she still takes pretty good care of Gohan, Goten and Goku, and still has time to hang out with her friend Bulma from time to Time. Although she can be seen as a tightly-bound, as long as she is with family she is happy.



- Bulma (DragonBall Z): I loved Bulma when she was younger. She was strong, and headfast, she was determined that she could do it, and wouldn't hear anything otherwise. As she got older and started dating Vegeta, She simmers down...slightly, but as seen in Resurrection F, She's still pretty much a firecracker. She is willing to do whatever it takes to make sure her family and friends are safe, and she's a bad ass scientist/inventor.

- Cass Hamada (Big Hero 6 H.M.): Now, I know that she isn't actually a mother, but more of a mother figure, but she definitely deserves an honorable mention. It is absolutely clear that she loves her genius nephews and only wants whats best for them. Especially, when she goes to bail them out of prison, first cuddling them, and asking if they are ok, before lecturing them about how much they scared and worried her. Plus, she is so supportive, and is a cat mom. That makes her A-OK in my book.



- Motormouth Maybelle (Hairspray): Played by Queen Latifah, the mother of Seaweed. She is not only a fierce protector of her own children, but of others as well, she leads the fight for racial integration, and gives the children shelter when they need it. She also stands up for her own rights at the studio.

- Cookie Lyon (Empire): If you guys aren't watching Empire, seriously, where have you been? Cookie would do anything for her children and she pretty much has. She is an incredibly strong woman and a serious force to be reckoned with. She belongs on this list, because she is a rare form of a black mother that defies stereotypes.



 I just wanted to take a second to wish all great mothers out there a Happy Mother's Day, and also shoot a great huge THANKS FOR PUTTING UP WITH MY CRAZINESS MOM, to my mother, because without her I would be lost, and you all should be so lucky to have a mother like mine. If there are any fictional moms you feel deserve to be on the list or honorable mentioned. Please leave the in a comment below, or in a tweet on Twitter.

I hope your Mother's Day is great, especially if you are a mother! So shouts to you Melificent. Hope it's Grand!

Until Next Time,
Stay Woke,
Stay Nerdy,
~Spokhette!~

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.