Ghostly Haunts With The Pic Witch!

October 28, 2016

Hey Gang!

 Greetings gals & ghouls! I'm Celeste, the lady behind The Pic Witch. I blog about cosplay, photography, and the spooky nerd life. I'm also an officer for the Atlanta chapter of Geek Girl Brunch and run another blog, Sword of Nerdom that focuses on tabletop RPG's. It probably comes as no great surprise that Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday and happens to be during my favorite season. As soon as the bats and skull decor hit the retail stores it feels like home.

 One of my seasonal traditions is to shop for bewitching decorations to fill my apartment year round. The sight of pumpkins and candelabras brings me joy year round. So far this year's haul includes kooky bottles with labels like "Spider Venom", a string of glittery bats and lots of candles. The day after Halloween is the best day to his the stores. Everything (including candy) immediately drops down to at least 50% off. I already have my eye on a few pieces I hope will still be there when the prices drop.


 Halloween isn't really complete without pumpkin carving, pumpkin bread and getting at least one pumpkin spice latte. As for Halloween night itself, I usually keep it fairly low key. In the past my partner and I have stayed in and enjoyed sipping Chai tea and watched several seasonal flicks. A few of my favorites includes Hocus Pocus, The Addams Family, Beetlejuice and Kiki's Delivery Service (it's about a witch so it basically counts). I don't deal with horror movies well so those are avoided.



Most people wear costumes for Halloween, but I usually don't. I blame it on the fact that Halloween contes not too long after Dragon Con, Anime Weekend Atlanta, and NYCC and I'm too customed out to dress up. Instead I try to dress in my witchiest outfit and wear my bright orange lipstick in spirit of the day. I also like to dress up my two chihuahuas in silly costumes.

What are some of your favorite things to do for Halloween? I hope you enjoyed learning a bit about my Halloween traditions. If you liked what you read come say hi at The Pic Witch and visit my social media: Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.