Spokhette Goes Outside: Kentucky Wool Fest

October 26, 2016

Hey Gang!

 A couple of weeks ago, Alex and I made the trip up to Falmouth for the annual Kentucky Wool Fest. I tried to go last year, but I never got the time, so I wanted to make sure that I definitely made it this year. We went on Sunday, which was its last day and the festival was in full swing. For an event called the Wool Fest, although there were plenty of sheep related activities, and actual petting zoo's, there was very little in the department of wool and yarn.
 We went to the entire festival grounds, and only found yarn in the very last tent. Albeit full of the stuff, and semi-nice people, I was just expecting a little more yarn. There were so many different things. Blacksmiths, Wood Workers, and there was so much food! Alex and I shared a GINORMOUS turkey leg, it was big enough for both of us to share, and we weren't hungry until dinner time! I really wish I had thought to take a photos of it, so I could show you how big it was!
 There was a woman making wreaths and she had this little stand full of decorative Halloween Halos. Ghosts, Leaves, Pumpkins, wrapped around thin round objects, with ribbons and they were the cutest things I'd ever seen. So of course, I had to have one, and they were only a dollar. There weren't any others wearing them over the age of 12, but I got a lot of compliments, so I didn't mind.
 There was a small graveyard right next to where they were parking all of the cars in the festival. The graveyard was so tiny, there were maybe 40 plots all together. A lot of them were so old, that there weren't any markings on them. There were some older ones there so it seemed to be a mix of old and new, and I thought that was pretty neat.
 I scored quite a few hanks of yarn, in some unique colors, so I can't wait to get some knitting done, especially since the winter and cold weather is coming my way pretty soon. So I can't wait to get some scarves, hats and gloves working. I haven't knitted in so long, so I definitely miss it. I also got an adorable teal parasol, which you can see in the photos, and also in my brand new blog banner.

Have you been to any festivals lately? Tell me about some of your favorite spots on twitter!



 Until Next Time, Stay Nerdy, ~Spokhette!~

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you guys comment. Please do not hesitate to come say hi!!

Social

Latest Instagrams

Photo On Flickr

About Us

© Nerdette At Large. Design by FCD.